NEW CANAAN, Conn. – The Summer Theatre of New Canaan offered high school students from six Fairfield County high schools a pre-college theater intensive this summer as part of its theater education program.
Students from New Canaan, Westport, Wilton, Stamford, Norwalk and Ridgefield high schools worked with theater professionals at STONC 30 hours per week for three weeks to learn more about acting, Shakespeare, improv, musical theater vocal performance and stage combat, as well as lighting, costuming and other areas of theater
Seventeen professional artists took part in teaching, including Arbender Robinson, currently in the Broadway production of “Les Miserables,” Broadway actress Jodi Stevens Bryce, Comedy Central comedian Alexandra McHale, TV and film actress Ashley Williams and Broadway Dance Center teacher/choreographer Doug Shankman, among others.
Teachers were led by Emmy Award-winning actress Anna Holbrook.
“This was my second year as program director, and I cannot tell you how inspired I was, not only by the caliber of our teaching staff, but by the talent, enthusiasm and commitment of this particular group of students,” said Holbrook.
At the end of the program, students performed in front of family and friends and Waveny Park and took a trip to Broadway to see “Pippin.”
For more information about STONC, click here.
- 1 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 2 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 3 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 4 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 5 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods