NEWTOWN, Conn. — The United Way of Western Connecticut has set up a fund to help people in Newtown area deal with Friday’s shooting at Sandy Hook School that left 27 people dead, including 20 children.
“We are committed to providing support and resources where and when they become identified and needed,” Kim Morgan, CEO of the organization said in a release. “We will work directly with the community to determine the best ways to support the families of the victims.”
She added that she has reached out to other United Way branches throughout the country.
The United Way partnered with Newtown Savings Branch to form the Sandy Hook School Support Fund.
Sandy Hook School Support Fund
c/o Newtown Savings Bank
39 Main Street, Newtown CT 06470
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 2 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 3 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 4 New Canaan Police: Elderly Man Is Victim Of 'Distraction' Burglary
- 5 New Canaan Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday