NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The Westside Wind and Piano Trio is set to open the 2014 "Notes in Mid-Winter" concert series starting Sunday, Jan. 5, at the New Canaan Library.
The trio is set to play the flute, bassoon and piano starting at 2 p.m. at the New Canaan Library's Adrian Lamb Room, located at 151 Main St. in New Canaan. The trio includes Chelsea Knox on the flute, Daryn Zubke on the bassoon, and Renate Rohlfing on the piano. The program is scheduled to include works from Philippe Gaubert, Johann Freidrich Fasch, George Enescu, J. S. Bach and Beethoven.
The "Notes in Mid-Winter" series "enlivens wintry Sunday afternoons with free concerts featuring music ranging from chamber and classical to jazz and contemporary vocals," a press release said.
The five-part series runs from Saturday, Jan. 5 to Feb. 2. The Music Committee of the Friends of the New Canaan Library sponsor the series chaired by Wendy Kerner.
Registration is not required, but space is limited and early arrival is recommended.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 5 Grace Farms Complex Planned To Blend Into New Canaan Landscape