FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Motorists on the Merritt Parkway experienced stop-and-go delays Thursday morning near the border of Westchester and Fairfield counties.
An accident, reported at 6:45 a.m., that occurred in Greenwich just before the state line, blocked the right lane of the southbound Merritt between Lake Avenue (Exit 29) and King Street (Route 20).
It was cleared by 7:45 a.m., but heavy volume continued.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 New Canaan Man Named No. 3 Philanthropist In The Nation
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury