FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Motorists on the Merritt Parkway experienced stop-and-go delays Thursday morning near the border of Westchester and Fairfield counties.
An accident, reported at 6:45 a.m., that occurred in Greenwich just before the state line, blocked the right lane of the southbound Merritt between Lake Avenue (Exit 29) and King Street (Route 20).
It was cleared by 7:45 a.m., but heavy volume continued.
- 1 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 Teenage Girl Struck, Killed By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place