FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Space aficionados don't have to travel to Virginia to catch the launch of an Air Force Minotaur Rocket. If the weather cooperates, it will be visible in the Fairfield County sky tonight.
The launch window is 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 19. The rocket will be launched from the Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia, which is about 225 miles away. The trajectory of the scheduled launch, however, will take the rocket through the New England sky.
The weather forecast appears to be cooperating. The National Weather Service is calling for clear skies tonight. But bundle up -- the overnight low is forecast in the low 20s and upper teens across the region.
Due to the large time window for launch, followers can keep up to date by following @NASA_Wallops on Twitter. Viewers can watch a stream of the launch by clicking here.
The National Weather Service forecasts the Minotaur Rocket will be visible to Fairfield County viewers about 60 seconds after the launch. Click here to see the forecast times the rocket will be visible in the Northeast.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades