FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Space aficionados don't have to travel to Virginia to catch the launch of an Air Force Minotaur Rocket. If the weather cooperates, it will be visible in the Fairfield County sky tonight.
The launch window is 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 19. The rocket will be launched from the Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia, which is about 225 miles away. The trajectory of the scheduled launch, however, will take the rocket through the New England sky.
The weather forecast appears to be cooperating. The National Weather Service is calling for clear skies tonight. But bundle up -- the overnight low is forecast in the low 20s and upper teens across the region.
Due to the large time window for launch, followers can keep up to date by following @NASA_Wallops on Twitter. Viewers can watch a stream of the launch by clicking here.
The National Weather Service forecasts the Minotaur Rocket will be visible to Fairfield County viewers about 60 seconds after the launch. Click here to see the forecast times the rocket will be visible in the Northeast.
- 1 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Canaan