FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Here's a look at the top stories from around Fairfield County last week.
- Danbury Police arrested 55-year-old pet shop owner Richard F. Doyle and store manager Kathy Seton on animal abuse charges after an employee tipped off the Connecticut Department of Agriculture about potential animal mistreatment.
- Rafael Escobar, dean of students at Stamford High School, and Matthew Laskowski, dean of student support at Danbury High School, have been named as the new assistant principals at embattled Stamford High School.
- Police identified the body of Heisze Chan, 36, after a fire at her Stamford home, hours before she was scheduled to appear in court on charges stemming from a theft at a CVS in Greenwich.
- A driver wedged a moving truck -- bearing the motto "Moving Without Surprises" -- under a Metro-North train bridge on Tomac Avenue in Old Greenwich.
- New Canaan Police arrested Bayron Castro on second-degree sexual assault and risk of injury to a minor charges, after the 48-year-old allegedly assaulted a 3-year-old child four times from his wife's day care.
- Vandals spray-painted swastikas on several trees in Darien along a trail at the Olsen Woods Bird Sanctuary.
- Police arrested Eladio Villa-Garcia on second-degree criminal mischief and disorderly conduct charges after the Norwalk man allegedly cut up his girlfriend’s shoes and smeared avocado and banana on her bed and television after a fight.
- A Westport resident spotted a black bear in a wooded area behind a home on Sunnyside Lane, police said. The bear eluded authorities and slipped back into the woods.
- Two years after construction delays foiled the original opening date, Plan B Burger Bar -- which specializes in burgers, beer and bourbon -- opened its doors in Fairfield .
- Construction work is underway on 60 new apartments and thousands of square feet of new retail space in a historic 88,000-square-foot securities building in Bridgeport’s Downtown North.
- Remember me? A black bear was also spotted on Valley Road in Easton by Firefighter Jason Kushnir -- potentially the same bear that’s been seen lately in Weston, Westport and Fairfield.
- Emma Gosden received the Girl Scout's highest honor, earning the Girl Scout Gold Award for her leadership skills.
- Super heroes descended upon the Ridgefield Library for Comic Con, featuring this year’s theme: “Every Hero Has a Story.”
- A Bridgeport man was arrested in connection with a Weston home invasion and assault on the female resident, police said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.