NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan last week:
- A 17-year-old Stamford resident found hiding under a porch in New Canaan was arrested after a pre-dawn search for suspects in a stolen car case that included officers and a K-9 unit from Norwalk and Stamford.
- Ryan J. Williams, 18, of New Canaan was arrested on an assault charge after punching a 13-year-old during an Independence Day event at Waveny Park.
- Ridgefield police identified the 15-month-old child who died after being left in a hot car as Benjamin Seitz and also confirmed they are investigating the death.
- Former White House counsel J. Michael Farren, charged with trying to kill his wife in their New Canaan mansion in 2010, was found guilty by a jury in Stamford Superior Court. He was handcuffed after the verdict was read and taken into custody.
- New Canaan sisters Mary and Claire Campbell won the USRowing Junior World Championships in double sculls and will represent the United States in the Junior World Championships next month in Hamburg, Germany.
- Two New Canaan men were arrested on drug charges after officers found heroin in their possession during a traffic stop, police said.
Gocha Kurtsikashvili, 39, and his mother-in-law, Nanuli Guguchia, 63, were both charged after a fight between the two, police said.