NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan this week:
- New Canaan’s Kelsey Durkin, a senior student at Washington and Lee University, was killed in a car accident in Virginia, which also injured several others.
- Wilton women, Maxine Berg and her business partner Lindsay Prospect, opened a second location for their store, “Jade: Active.Life.Style” at Dance Corner Plus in New Canaan.
- Four people were killed and 63 injured after a Metro-North passenger train derailed in the Bronx near the Spuyten Duyvil station. The engineer was reportedly suspended without pay.
- A 21-year-old New Milford driver Alexander Scott Lee was arrested in connection with the accident that killed Weston cyclist Thomas Steinert-Threlkeld in October.
- New Canaan Police found a stolen SUV from a New Canaan home in the driveway of a neighbor's home.
- Jewelry worth $100,000 reportedly stolen from a St. John's Place house in New Canaan. Police are continuing an investigation into the case.
UConn chemistry professor, Gabriel Fenteany, 46, was placed on administrative leave after he was accused of vandalizing "high-end cars" in Greenwich.