NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan this week:
- New Canaan’s Kelsey Durkin, a senior student at Washington and Lee University, was killed in a car accident in Virginia, which also injured several others.
- Wilton women, Maxine Berg and her business partner Lindsay Prospect, opened a second location for their store, “Jade: Active.Life.Style” at Dance Corner Plus in New Canaan.
- Four people were killed and 63 injured after a Metro-North passenger train derailed in the Bronx near the Spuyten Duyvil station. The engineer was reportedly suspended without pay.
- A 21-year-old New Milford driver Alexander Scott Lee was arrested in connection with the accident that killed Weston cyclist Thomas Steinert-Threlkeld in October.
- New Canaan Police found a stolen SUV from a New Canaan home in the driveway of a neighbor's home.
- Jewelry worth $100,000 reportedly stolen from a St. John's Place house in New Canaan. Police are continuing an investigation into the case.
- UConn chemistry professor, Gabriel Fenteany, 46, was placed on administrative leave after he was accused of vandalizing "high-end cars" in Greenwich.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.