NEW CANAAN, Conn. – The Country Club of New Canaan tops the list of taxpayers in New Canaan, according to the town’s 2012 grand list provided by the assessor's office.
The Country Club of New Canaan is listed with real estate assessed at $24.1 million. Grace Property Holdings LLC, the group owning the property where the new Grace Farms Church is planned, is second with property assessed at $20.1 million.
Town Close Associates Limited Partnership is third with property valued at more than $20 million. Kathleen Tropin is next at $17.13 million. New Canaan Lumber Co. is fifth at $15.47 million.
Huguette M. Clark is listed sixth with property assessed at $14.79 million. Simon Edward Trustee is next at $13.195 million. J.R. Silverberg Realty LLC is eighth at $12.797 million, followed by 721 North Wilton Road LLC at $10.412 million. Hatfield Mews Town House Owners Corp. closes out the top 10 at $9.18 million.
New Canaan’s grand list is at $8.3 billion, up 0.557 percent from 2011.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Canaan Rallies To Stun Darien, Win State Football Title
- 3 New York Times Rates New Canaan's Baldanza As 'Very Good'
- 4 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In New Canaan