NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The death of a 71-year-old New Canaan Department of Public Works employee last month marked the fourth fatal pedestrian accident in New Canaan in the last 10 years, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Benjamin Olmstead was marking roads with spray paint at the intersection of New Norwalk Road and East Avenue when he was struck by a car on July 23. He died of his injuries a day later at Norwalk Hospital.
Although most accidents involving pedestrians happened within the business district of the village, the four fatal incidents in the last decade took place away from New Canaan's busiest area downtown area, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
Three of the four deaths occurred on state roadways: South Avenue (Routes 106 and 124) Oenoke Ridge (Route 124) and last month's accident on New Norwalk Road and East Avenue, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Canaan
- 3 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Jeanine Pirro's Westchester Home Is Listed At $4.99M