NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan last week:
- New Canaan Public Works Department employee Benjamin Olmstead, 71, of Norwalk was struck by a vehicle driven by Francesco Sorge, 60, of Norwalk. He died of his injuries a day later in Norwalk Hospital.
- Police charged a New Canaan’s man, Elliott L. Maynes, 23, with having child pornography on his computer.
- Downtown New Canaan was turned into a pedestrian mall as hundreds of shoppers flocked to take advantage of special deals at New Canaan's village fair and sidewalk sale.
- Middle school students from across lower Fairfield County joined the junior cast to put on a show of 'Hairspray' at the summer theater.
- Home sales fell in the second quarter in Darien and New Canaan compared to the same time frame in 2013, but Realtors are convinced the market remains healthy.
- New Canaan Police Chief Leon Krolikowski believes the lawsuit brought against him by the police union claiming he bypassed the union negotiating committee during contract talks is without merit and should be thrown out.
- Three South Carolina residents, Brett R. Harvey, 28, Channa Nicole Holloway, 26, and Tarkeisha L. Valentine, 25, were arrested in a New Canaan drug store parking lot after they tried to buy gift cards fraudulently.
- J. Michael Farren, who was convicted July 11 of trying to kill his wife in their New Canaan home four years ago, was released from custody until his sentencing on Sept. 11.
- 1 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In New Canaan
- 3 New Canaan Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 5 Snow Slows Traffic On Every Major Roadway Across Fairfield County