NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan this week:
- Terry Lee Durling a longtime New Canaan Resident died at age of 67.
- The family of Kenneth Dorsey, who was struck and killed by a distracted driver while jogging on New Canaan Avenue in Norwalk in 2012, commended a new state law requiring steep fines but said more still needs to be done.
- Saxe Middle School, West School and South School in New Canaan have all been recognized as "Schools of Distinction" by the Connecticut Department of Education.
- A new Time magazine study of the ZIP codes ranks Weston's 06883 as the third-richest ZIP code in the nation.
- KC and the Sunshine Band will be one of seven headlining acts at Stamford's annual Alive@Five concert series and Jazz Up July events held in Columbus Park this summer.
- The relatives of physician Joseph J. Stavola and attorney Jeanne C. Serocke-Stavola, who were killed while driving on the Merritt Parkway in 2007 are suing the state of Connecticut over the deaths.
A New Canaan man Vito Luciano, 41, is being held on $500,000 bond after allegedly violating a protective order against his estranged wife.
- 1 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Canaan
- 3 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 4 New Canaan Allstate Agent Michael Saunders Honored For Service
- 5 New Canaan Teen Earns Gold Award For Nature Activities At Hospital