FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. - Blizzard conditions are set to descend on Fairfield County and the possibility of power outages looms.
If your power goes out, report it to CL&P at (800) 286-2000, even if you think your neighbors have already done so. For towns served by United Illumination, the number to call is (800) 7-CALL-UI (1-800-722-5584).
And if you see if you see a downed power line, assume it’s energized and don't go near it. Never drive over a possibly live line. Call 911 to report it.
CL&P also suggests the following precautions to prepare for power outages:
- Prepare a storm kit and keep it handy, including medications.
- If you use a generator, follow all safety precautions provided by the manufacturer.
- If you, a friend or family member relies on electricity for life support devices, well water or refrigeration for medications, make preparations now to switch to a backup source or move to an alternate location. It’s also a good idea to have a battery backup for medical equipment.
For information on emergency disaster services including shelters, contact the Connecticut American Red Cross by dialing 877-287-3327 or online atwww.ctredcross.org , and, for non-emergency services, please contact 2-1-1 by dialing 2-1-1 or online at www.211ct.org.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 4 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced