FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Several individuals and advocacy groups, including the the Fairfield County Business Council, are calling for authorities to restore balance to the pre-tax benefits given to commuters, according to Patch.com.
Groups and individuals are upset about a change that dropped the maximum pre-tax contribution for transit down to $135 per month, down from $245 last year. The pre-tax contribution for parking, however, was increased $5 to 250 per month, Patch.com reported.
- 1 New Canaan Police Arrest Driver After High-Speed Chase
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Ann Curry
- 4 New Canaan, Darien Ranked 1-2 By MaxPreps As Football Title Game Nears
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say