FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Several individuals and advocacy groups, including the the Fairfield County Business Council, are calling for authorities to restore balance to the pre-tax benefits given to commuters, according to Patch.com.
Groups and individuals are upset about a change that dropped the maximum pre-tax contribution for transit down to $135 per month, down from $245 last year. The pre-tax contribution for parking, however, was increased $5 to 250 per month, Patch.com reported.
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm