FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Several individuals and advocacy groups, including the the Fairfield County Business Council, are calling for authorities to restore balance to the pre-tax benefits given to commuters, according to Patch.com.
Groups and individuals are upset about a change that dropped the maximum pre-tax contribution for transit down to $135 per month, down from $245 last year. The pre-tax contribution for parking, however, was increased $5 to 250 per month, Patch.com reported.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 2 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 3 New Canaan Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 4 New Canaan Police: Elderly Man Is Victim Of 'Distraction' Burglary
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street