FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Flags across Fairfield County, the state and country will be flown at half-staff in remembrance for those who died in the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday.
President Barack Obama said Friday that as a country, "We have been through this too many times," and that the flags across the country will be flown at half-staff through Tuesday, Dec. 18.
In Connecticut, however, Gov. Dannel Malloy issued an order that all flags across the state remain at half-staff until the final burial service has been held.
- 1 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 2 Ridgefield Hedge Fund Exec Gets 33 Months In Prison For $46M Fraud Scheme
- 3 Meteor Shower From Halley's Comet Tail Will Be Visible In Fairfield County
- 4 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 5 New Cannan Could See Showers, Thunderstorms Tuesday