FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Fairfield County residents: Daylight-saving time started at 2 a.m. Sunday, March 9, while you were probably sleeping. Remember to move your clocks ahead one hour this morning.
Daylight-saving time runs from the second Sunday in March through the first Sunday in November.
Many fire departments also remind residents to replace the batteries in their smoke detectors when they move their clocks forward.
Daylight-saving time was first suggested by Benjamin Franklin in in 1784, but never implemented until the energy crisis in the 1970s, according to timeanddate.com.
To learn more about daylight-saving time visit the timeanddate.com website.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Family Wins 'Great Christmas Light Fight' ABC-TV Show
- 2 New Speed Change Lanes Open On I-95 In Norwalk
- 3 Fog, Soaking Rain, Strong Winds In Store For New Canaan Holiday Travelers
- 4 DNA Testing Leads To Arrest In New Canaan Copper Thefts
- 5 Fairfield County's Setti Family Now Stars After Christmas Reality Show Win