FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — The icy weather will reach lows below zero thanks to the wind chill.
Temperatures Tuesday night will hit a low of about -1 along the coast and -7 farther inland with wind chill, the National Weather Service says.
Wednesday and Thursday are forecast to be the coldest days of the week with lows during the day of -1 with wind chill and high temperatures near 20. Scattered flurries are forecast to start after 2 p.m. Wednesday.
Winds will be strong most of the week, averaging 10 mph. On Thursday, gusts are expected to be as high as 28 mph.
This cold trend with the wind chill will continue through Friday, when there is a 60 percent chance of snow.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 New Canaan Single-Family Home Price Rises 10.3 Percent
- 5 Woman Runs NYC Marathon To Support New Canaan's Multiple Myeloma Charity