NEW CANAAN, Conn. — New Canaan's Goldenberry celebration of the birth of the Royal Baby leads the news for the week. Here is a look at what else took place:
- Goldenberry, a locally owned retail store which specializes in items from the British Isles, moved to New Canaan just in time to celebrate the birth of the Royal Baby . Goldenberry has been decorated with a cake and flowers and will also have the commemorative tea cloth honoring the Prince of Cambridge , once they are made and delivered.
- On Tuesday The Daily Voice told you about a New Canaan woman who had been charged with driving under the influence following a motor vehicle accident earlier this year. She has pleaded not guilty and is expected back in court in August.
- New Canaan's Democratic Town Committee endorsed several candidates for this November's elections Tuesday.
- New Canaan's real estate market seems to be improving as the sale of homes costing more than $3 million increased slightly in the first half of 2013.
- The Glass House was featured on PBS' "Cultural Treasures," Thursday night.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.