NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan last week:
- Alex Geanakos, a New Canaan High School graduate and town native, completed his third season with the Denison University men’s golf team.
- A 16-year-old Greenwich girl was killed when she became entangled in a boat propeller while water-tubing with three other friends in the waters of Long Island Sound.
- After three years of serving up lobster rolls in their popular food truck, Mike Harden and Trond Fletcher of Lobstercraft have opened their first brick-and-mortar restaurant on the Darien-Rowayton border.
- New Canaan officials will review safety improvements to a street corner near downtown after a Department of Public Works employee was killed after he was hit by a truck.
- The New Canaan YMCA Aquianas put on a good showing during the eSynchro National Synchronized Swimming championships in Federal Way, Wash. in June.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 3 Storms Could Cause Street, Highway Flooding In New Canaan
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You Lots Of Money