FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Gov. Dannel Malloy announced Friday that he is directing that U.S. and Connecticut flags in the state return to full staff Saturday at sunset.
Flags were lowered to half staff on Dec. 14 in honor of the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown.
At the time, Malloy directed the flags to fly at half staff until the funerals for the victims were completed, which is expected to occur Saturday.
Malloy led a moment of silence in the state at 9:30 a.m. Friday to honor the victims. States around the country also participated in the observance.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 New Canaan Man Named No. 3 Philanthropist In The Nation
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To New Canaan Overnight
- 5 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield