FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Gov. Dannel Malloy announced Friday that he is directing that U.S. and Connecticut flags in the state return to full staff Saturday at sunset.
Flags were lowered to half staff on Dec. 14 in honor of the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown.
At the time, Malloy directed the flags to fly at half staff until the funerals for the victims were completed, which is expected to occur Saturday.
Malloy led a moment of silence in the state at 9:30 a.m. Friday to honor the victims. States around the country also participated in the observance.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 2 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 3 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stop At New Canaan Peachwave Helps Man Win Free Frozen Yogurt For A Year