FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Gov. Dannel Malloy announced Friday that he is directing that U.S. and Connecticut flags in the state return to full staff Saturday at sunset.
Flags were lowered to half staff on Dec. 14 in honor of the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown.
At the time, Malloy directed the flags to fly at half staff until the funerals for the victims were completed, which is expected to occur Saturday.
Malloy led a moment of silence in the state at 9:30 a.m. Friday to honor the victims. States around the country also participated in the observance.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Barry Williams Blenkhorn
- 4 Police: New Canaan Family Slept Through Home Break-In
- 5 Patricia Lowman Dailey, 57, Worked For J.Crew In New Canaan