FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Gov. Dannel Malloy announced Friday that he is directing that U.S. and Connecticut flags in the state return to full staff Saturday at sunset.
Flags were lowered to half staff on Dec. 14 in honor of the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown.
At the time, Malloy directed the flags to fly at half staff until the funerals for the victims were completed, which is expected to occur Saturday.
Malloy led a moment of silence in the state at 9:30 a.m. Friday to honor the victims. States around the country also participated in the observance.
- 1 New Canaan Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Canaan; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 New Canaan Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow