FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Gov. Dannel Malloy announced Friday that he is directing that U.S. and Connecticut flags in the state return to full staff Saturday at sunset.
Flags were lowered to half staff on Dec. 14 in honor of the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown.
At the time, Malloy directed the flags to fly at half staff until the funerals for the victims were completed, which is expected to occur Saturday.
Malloy led a moment of silence in the state at 9:30 a.m. Friday to honor the victims. States around the country also participated in the observance.
- 1 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 4 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 5 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State