FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Gov. Dannel Malloy announced Friday that he is directing that U.S. and Connecticut flags in the state return to full staff Saturday at sunset.
Flags were lowered to half staff on Dec. 14 in honor of the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown.
At the time, Malloy directed the flags to fly at half staff until the funerals for the victims were completed, which is expected to occur Saturday.
Malloy led a moment of silence in the state at 9:30 a.m. Friday to honor the victims. States around the country also participated in the observance.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'