NEW CANAAN, Conn. — New Canaan’s Harry Connick Jr., is featured on the cover of the July/August issue of Serendipity magazine, which is now available on newsstands.
In the interview the entertainer discusses why he, his wife, model Jill Goodacre, and daughters have called New Canaan home for more than 15 years, a release from the magazine said.
He also discusses several of his favorite places in town and what it is like to raise kids in New Canaan, the release said.
"We got married [in 1994] and we knew we wanted to have a family. I had a cousin who lived in the area and we really liked Fairfield County. Logistically, it was just easier to live here than to live in New Orleans. At the time, I was traveling so much and this worked best for my family. What we probably love the most about this town is that it's a real home for us. We feel comfortable going into town. We have our local grocery store, our movie theater, our ice cream store. We like the fact that it's not fancy and that it has a local vibe,” Connick is quoted as saying in the release.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 New Canaan Man Named No. 3 Philanthropist In The Nation
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To New Canaan Overnight
- 5 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield