NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan police are still investigating the death of a 2-year-old boy who was hit by a car in a shared driveway at 233 Mill Road on Friday, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The identities of the boy, his family and the driver of the car have not been released by police.
“I speak for our entire town when I express that we are all devastated by the tragic loss this family has experienced; our collective hearts go out to this family,” First Selectman Rob Mallozzi III said in a statement shared by the Advertiser.
Readers of the Daily Voice expressed condolences as well with posts on the story.
"Such incredible sadness. My heart goes out to the family and all involved. RIP little angel," reader RainbowsandUnicorns said.
"So tragic - I'm sure the boy's family is heart-broken and the driver is devastated," reader Ldoone said.
"A devastating loss. Our prayers, and wishes for strength, are with the family. May God be with you," fconverse said.
- 1 New Canaan's Gates Restaurant Serving Up Last Meals Under Old Owners
- 2 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In New Canaan
- 3 Post Office Submits Detailed Proposal For New Canaan Site
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Snow Flurries, Hail Fall In New Canaan; Patchy Frost Likely Overnight