NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan police are still investigating the death of a 2-year-old boy who was hit by a car in a shared driveway at 233 Mill Road on Friday, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
The identities of the boy, his family and the driver of the car have not been released by police.
“I speak for our entire town when I express that we are all devastated by the tragic loss this family has experienced; our collective hearts go out to this family,” First Selectman Rob Mallozzi III said in a statement shared by the Advertiser.
Readers of the Daily Voice expressed condolences as well with posts on the story.
"Such incredible sadness. My heart goes out to the family and all involved. RIP little angel," reader RainbowsandUnicorns said.
"So tragic - I'm sure the boy's family is heart-broken and the driver is devastated," reader Ldoone said.
"A devastating loss. Our prayers, and wishes for strength, are with the family. May God be with you," fconverse said.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades