NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Jury selection will begin Wednesday for J. Michael Farren, the former White House counsel and New Canaan resident accused of trying to kill his wife, according to ctnews.com.
Farren told the Stamford judge Thursday that he could no longer represent himself in the trial and he was subsequently appointed new counsel, ctnews.com reported.
Farren is accused of brutally beating his wife, Mary Margaret Farren, with a Maglite flashlight in their New Canaan home.
If convicted on all counts, Farren faces up to 70 years in prison. A jury in a civil trial has already awarded Mary Margaret Farren $28 million in damages in the incident.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 5 Grace Farms Complex Planned To Blend Into New Canaan Landscape