NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Jury selection will begin Wednesday for J. Michael Farren, the former White House counsel and New Canaan resident accused of trying to kill his wife, according to ctnews.com.
Farren told the Stamford judge Thursday that he could no longer represent himself in the trial and he was subsequently appointed new counsel, ctnews.com reported.
Farren is accused of brutally beating his wife, Mary Margaret Farren, with a Maglite flashlight in their New Canaan home.
If convicted on all counts, Farren faces up to 70 years in prison. A jury in a civil trial has already awarded Mary Margaret Farren $28 million in damages in the incident.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 New Canaan Ranked No. 1 In MaxPreps Football Poll
- 3 New Canaan Woman Reports $100K In Jewelry Stolen From Home
- 4 National Weather Service: New Canaan's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 5 New Canaan Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach