NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Kate Regan's negligent homicide case in the hit-and-run death of an elderly New Canaan man was continued again Thursday in Norwalk Superior Court.
The New Canaan woman will return to court Feb. 5, her attorney Christian Young said. The case, which is being heard before Judge Maureen Dennis, remains in pretrial, and a trial date has not been set.
Regan was charged Nov. 3, 2010, with negligent homicide with a motor vehicle and evading responsibility resulting in physical injury or death. New Canaan Police said Regan struck Krishna S. Jayaraman, 82, as he stood at the mailbox in front of his home Aug. 18, 2010. Jayaraman died from his injuries at Norwalk Hospital.
Regan and her husband, Michael, also face a civil suit by Jayaraman’s family in Stamford Superior Court.
- 1 New Canaan Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 New Canaan's Allison Williams Honored On 40-Under-40 List
- 5 State's FBI Chief Details Threat Of Homegrown Terrorism In New Canaan Talk