NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Kate Regan's negligent homicide case in the hit-and-run death of an elderly New Canaan man was continued again Thursday in Norwalk Superior Court.
The New Canaan woman will return to court Feb. 5, her attorney Christian Young said. The case, which is being heard before Judge Maureen Dennis, remains in pretrial, and a trial date has not been set.
Regan was charged Nov. 3, 2010, with negligent homicide with a motor vehicle and evading responsibility resulting in physical injury or death. New Canaan Police said Regan struck Krishna S. Jayaraman, 82, as he stood at the mailbox in front of his home Aug. 18, 2010. Jayaraman died from his injuries at Norwalk Hospital.
Regan and her husband, Michael, also face a civil suit by Jayaraman’s family in Stamford Superior Court.
- 1 New Canaan's Gates Restaurant Serving Up Last Meals Under Old Owners
- 2 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In New Canaan
- 3 Post Office Submits Detailed Proposal For New Canaan Site
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Snow Flurries, Hail Fall In New Canaan; Patchy Frost Likely Overnight