NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Kate Regan's negligent homicide case in the hit-and-run death of an elderly New Canaan man was continued again Thursday in Norwalk Superior Court.
The New Canaan woman will return to court Feb. 5, her attorney Christian Young said. The case, which is being heard before Judge Maureen Dennis, remains in pretrial, and a trial date has not been set.
Regan was charged Nov. 3, 2010, with negligent homicide with a motor vehicle and evading responsibility resulting in physical injury or death. New Canaan Police said Regan struck Krishna S. Jayaraman, 82, as he stood at the mailbox in front of his home Aug. 18, 2010. Jayaraman died from his injuries at Norwalk Hospital.
Regan and her husband, Michael, also face a civil suit by Jayaraman’s family in Stamford Superior Court.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 5 Grace Farms Complex Planned To Blend Into New Canaan Landscape