NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A man who was videotaping outside West Elementary School in New Canaan on Tuesday, June 10, turned out to be a consultant working to help improve radio communications in the area, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Police responded to a report of a suspicious man outside the school at 3:15 p.m., the Advertiser said. The man wasn't near the school when orficers arrived, but they tracked him down through his car rental company, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
The western portion of New Canaan has long been plagued by spotty cellphone service due ridges and valleys, but attempts to build towers and improve service have been met with opposition by residents, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 2 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 3 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stop At New Canaan Peachwave Helps Man Win Free Frozen Yogurt For A Year