NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A man who was videotaping outside West Elementary School in New Canaan on Tuesday, June 10, turned out to be a consultant working to help improve radio communications in the area, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Police responded to a report of a suspicious man outside the school at 3:15 p.m., the Advertiser said. The man wasn't near the school when orficers arrived, but they tracked him down through his car rental company, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
The western portion of New Canaan has long been plagued by spotty cellphone service due ridges and valleys, but attempts to build towers and improve service have been met with opposition by residents, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In New Canaan
- 2 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 3 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose