NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A man who was videotaping outside West Elementary School in New Canaan on Tuesday, June 10, turned out to be a consultant working to help improve radio communications in the area, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Police responded to a report of a suspicious man outside the school at 3:15 p.m., the Advertiser said. The man wasn't near the school when orficers arrived, but they tracked him down through his car rental company, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
The western portion of New Canaan has long been plagued by spotty cellphone service due ridges and valleys, but attempts to build towers and improve service have been met with opposition by residents, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Two New Canaan Police Officers Honored For Life-Saving Actions