NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A man who was videotaping outside West Elementary School in New Canaan on Tuesday, June 10, turned out to be a consultant working to help improve radio communications in the area, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Police responded to a report of a suspicious man outside the school at 3:15 p.m., the Advertiser said. The man wasn't near the school when orficers arrived, but they tracked him down through his car rental company, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
The western portion of New Canaan has long been plagued by spotty cellphone service due ridges and valleys, but attempts to build towers and improve service have been met with opposition by residents, the New Canaan Advertiser said.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 New Canaan Woman Reports $100K In Jewelry Stolen From Home
- 3 New Canaan Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 4 Young New Canaan Runners Take 3rd In Wilton Cross Country Race
- 5 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead