FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Metro-North is adjusting its train schedule on the New Haven Line in Fairfield County for the long Memorial Day weekend.
More trains will be added for Friday afternoon departures from Grand Central Terminal on the New Haven Line starting Friday afternoon to accommodate crowds heading out for the weekend, which marks the unofficial start of summer.
Nine extra outbound trains will run in addition to the regular Friday-only 3:02 p.m. express. The New Haven Line extras depart as follows:
- 12:58 p.m.: express to Westport, then all stops between Fairfield and New Haven
- 2:01 p.m.: express to Westport, then all stops between Fairfield and New Haven
- 2:28 p.m.: express to Westport, then all stops between Fairfield and New Haven
- 2:31 p.m.: stopping at all stations between New Rochelle and Harrison
- 2:56 p.m.: express to Stamford then all stops between Noroton Heights and South Norwalk
- 3:03 p.m.: stopping at all stations between New Rochelle and Harrison
- 3:26 p.m.: stopping at all stations between New Rochelle and Harrison
- 3:29 p.m.: express to Westport, then all stops between Fairfield and New Haven
- 4 p.m.: express to Stamford then all stops between Bridgeport and New Haven.
An extra train from New Haven to Grand Central will also operate, departing New Haven at 4:01 p.m. and stopping in West Haven and Bridgeport.
In addition, a number of trains during the PM Peak period will not operate Friday or will be combined. Check your timetables or visit the Metro-North schedules page.
Regular weekend service will operate Saturday, May 24, and Sunday, May 25.
Metro-North will operate on a Sunday schedule on Memorial Day, Monday, May 26, with extra cars on inbound trains during the late afternoon and evening.
One extra inbound train will operate between New Haven and New York, departing at 7:40 p.m. and making select express stops.
One extra express train to New Haven, making select express stops, will depart Grand Central at 11:13 p.m.
Grand Central North exits are closed on Monday, May 26.
For specific train times, visit Metro-North’s schedules page.
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash