12:45 p.m. update: NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Regular train service has been restored on the New Canaan branch as of 1 p.m. Thursday, Metro-North said.
Metro-North had been running buses instead of trains because of a downed tree on the tracks.
Original story: NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Bus service will be provided on the New Canaan Branch for the 12:26 p.m. train departing New Canaan and making all stops to Stamford, Metro-North announced.
The buses will make all stops along the branch line, Metro-North said. Buses are running on schedule, the commuter rail said.
Substitute bus service was also provided for the 11:26 a.m. train that departed New Canaan, the 11:59 a.m. train that departed Stamford due, and the 10:59 a.m. train that departed Stamford due to the downed tree, Metro-North said.
Train riders should listen for announcements at the stations.
- 1 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 2 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 New Canaan Police Seek Information On Man Who Used Counterfeit Cash
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Canaan
- 5 Power Outages Restored In New Canaan