NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan this week:
- Thousands of commuters were stranded for hours on Thursday evening after a system-wide computer malfunction stopped all three of the Metro-North train lines. That incident came just a day after a train was disabled at the Green's Farms stop in Westport due to the extreme cold.
- A surprise storm dumped nearly a foot of snow on New Canaan and brought single-digit temperatures with it.
- Logan Christie, 28, a babysitter from Fairfield was arrested and charged with punching and kicking a police officer in New Canaan.
- The gallery at New Canaan’s Silvermine Arts Center is displaying a special international print collection through February.
- Paula Abigail Ryan, a resident of New Canaan for more than 30 years and a teacher at St. Aloysius School, died at age of 65.
A new temporary mobile post office opened on Pine Street while the New Canaan Post Office searches for a permanent home in town.
- 1 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To New Canaan
- 4 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 5 Jeanine Pirro's Westchester Home Is Listed At $4.99M