NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaanites are starting to assess the damage now that Tropical Storm Irene has passed through town. And that damage appears to be massive.
More than 6,400 Connecticut Light & Power customers were without power as of 3:30 p.m. Sunday, about 77 percent of the utility's customers in town. Much of the damage is due to downed trees and power lines.
New Canaan resident Lindsey Lyon took several pictures of the damage, including a tree down at the A Better Chance house on Locust Avenue, trees down on Millport Avenue at the Millport Apartments complex and trees and branches knocked down in Waveny Park.
Do you have photos of storm damage that you would like to share? Send your photos to reporter Melvin Mason at email@example.com.
- 1 Fire Destroys Multi-Million Dollar Pound Ridge Home
- 2 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 3 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 4 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 5 Feds Raid 'Subway Guy' Jared Fogle's Home In Child Porn Investigation