NEW CANAAN, Conn. – Seeking some farm fresh food in the middle of winter? The New Canaan Farmers Market will return this season to help you get your fill.
The operators of the farmers market will have a second winter session, running every for three hours every Tuesday from Jan. 8 to March 26 at the New Canaan Nature Center. The New Canaan Board of Selectmen recently voted to allow the market to operate again.
"We're defying winter," said Market Master Alexis Gazy. While the market will not have sweet corn or strawberries, Gazy said, there will be other fresh foods available. "It's a taste of summer in January, February and March."
Last year’s winter farmers market was held in the Nature Center’s greenhouse with eight to 10 vendors for each session. Gazy said the vendors are excited to have a second winter session.
The traditional farmers market has operated from mid-May to November at the Center School Parking Lot across from New Canaan Library for many years.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 New Canaan Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 3 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 4 New Canaan Mom Looks To Raise Lyme Disease Awareness Through Field Hockey
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy