NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan this week:
- A dozen members of the Class L state champion New Canaan High School football team will continue playing at the collegiate level after committing to schools on National Signing Day.
- Connecticut House Minority Leader Larry Cafero (R-Norwalk/New Canaan) said his caucus is fully cooperating with a federal investigation that brought on the resignation of Chief of Staff George Gallo
- Several New Canaan students earned honor roll and Dean's List recognition at their respective colleges and universities.
- Castle Bar and Grill opened at 488 Summer St. in Stamford and brings the feel of a European castle.
- An 18-year-old Easton woman Melissa Barney was charged with trespassing after she smashed a crystal chandelier with a fireplace screen at her boyfriend's home on Melville Avenue in Fairfield.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.