NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's Michael Savage pleaded guilty on Thursday, April 10, to a misdemeanor charge of negligent homicide in connection with the car crash that killed his father in 2011, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Savage turned himself in to police in December after a two-year investigation. Savage was driving a 2009 Maserati Quattroporte on Ponus Ridge near Lakewind Road when it crashed at about 10:30 p.m. Dec. 22, 2011, according to police. James Jackson Savage, of Seattle, died at the scene of the one-car crash, police said.
Michael Savage fled the scene and was located the next morning, about eight hours after the wreck, at Stamford Hospital, according to police.
Norwalk Superior Court Judge William Wenzel "suspended the execution of a six-month sentence that comes with the misdemeanor charge and placed Savage on probation for two years," according to the report.
- 1 New Canaan Man, 48, Arrested On Child Sex Assault Charge
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Cigarette Assault Arrest, Historic House Listing Top News In New Canaan
- 4 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 5 $22K In Jewelry Reported Stolen From New Canaan Home