NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's Michael Savage pleaded guilty on Thursday, April 10, to a misdemeanor charge of negligent homicide in connection with the car crash that killed his father in 2011, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Savage turned himself in to police in December after a two-year investigation. Savage was driving a 2009 Maserati Quattroporte on Ponus Ridge near Lakewind Road when it crashed at about 10:30 p.m. Dec. 22, 2011, according to police. James Jackson Savage, of Seattle, died at the scene of the one-car crash, police said.
Michael Savage fled the scene and was located the next morning, about eight hours after the wreck, at Stamford Hospital, according to police.
Norwalk Superior Court Judge William Wenzel "suspended the execution of a six-month sentence that comes with the misdemeanor charge and placed Savage on probation for two years," according to the report.
- 1 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 3 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 4 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 5 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State