NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan this week:
- Jon Whitcomb of New Canaan is the owner/manager of the company that bought the 50-acre Copper Beech estate on the Greenwich waterfront for $120 million.
- An 18-year-old New Canaan man is facing multiple charges after an argument with his mother turned physical.
- The man found dead in a Fairfield home at 32 Clinton St. during a Hazmat incident has been identified as Allan Banks, 69, and his death has been ruled a suicide.
- New Canaan Police are investigating three unrelated reports of identity theft that occurred in a three-day span.
- New Canaan's Kathy Giusti has received Research America's 2014 Gordon and Llura Gund Leadership Award for her work with the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation.
A 47-year-old man who grew up in New Canaan was killed in a recent motorcycle crash in Kalispell, Mont.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 2 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 3 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 4 New Canaan Police: Elderly Man Is Victim Of 'Distraction' Burglary
- 5 New Canaan Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend