NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan this week:
- Jon Whitcomb of New Canaan is the owner/manager of the company that bought the 50-acre Copper Beech estate on the Greenwich waterfront for $120 million.
- An 18-year-old New Canaan man is facing multiple charges after an argument with his mother turned physical.
- The man found dead in a Fairfield home at 32 Clinton St. during a Hazmat incident has been identified as Allan Banks, 69, and his death has been ruled a suicide.
- New Canaan Police are investigating three unrelated reports of identity theft that occurred in a three-day span.
- New Canaan's Kathy Giusti has received Research America's 2014 Gordon and Llura Gund Leadership Award for her work with the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation.
A 47-year-old man who grew up in New Canaan was killed in a recent motorcycle crash in Kalispell, Mont.
- 1 New Canaan's Gates Restaurant Serving Up Last Meals Under Old Owners
- 2 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In New Canaan
- 3 Post Office Submits Detailed Proposal For New Canaan Site
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Snow Flurries, Hail Fall In New Canaan; Patchy Frost Likely Overnight