NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan this week:
- New Canaan native and Montreal Canadiens forward, Max Pacioretty, 25, was selected to play for the U.S. men's Olympic Hockey Team.
- Near blizzard conditions brought about 7 inches of snow and single-digit temperatures to New Canaan.
- A Ridgefield man Vyacheslav Cherepov, 26, was arrested in connection with a hit-and-run accident in a Greenwich parking lot that killed 21-year-old Meghan Beebe.
- Westport police believe Annette White, the woman who was found dead in the Saugatuck River, had been hit by a Metro-North train while crossing the railroad bridge over the river.
- The New Canaan 2014-15 school budget includes an additional $764,456 to upgrade the district's information technology infrastructure.
Colgate University in Hamilton, N.Y. honored four first-year students from New Canaan for being inducted into a national scholastic honor society.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In New Canaan
- 2 New Canaan Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 4 Snow Slows Traffic On Every Major Roadway Across Fairfield County
- 5 Icy Patches Likely Overnight With Falling Temperatures In Fairfield County