NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan this week:
- New Canaan native and Montreal Canadiens forward, Max Pacioretty, 25, was selected to play for the U.S. men's Olympic Hockey Team.
- Near blizzard conditions brought about 7 inches of snow and single-digit temperatures to New Canaan.
- A Ridgefield man Vyacheslav Cherepov, 26, was arrested in connection with a hit-and-run accident in a Greenwich parking lot that killed 21-year-old Meghan Beebe.
- Westport police believe Annette White, the woman who was found dead in the Saugatuck River, had been hit by a Metro-North train while crossing the railroad bridge over the river.
- The New Canaan 2014-15 school budget includes an additional $764,456 to upgrade the district's information technology infrastructure.
Colgate University in Hamilton, N.Y. honored four first-year students from New Canaan for being inducted into a national scholastic honor society.
- 1 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Barry Williams Blenkhorn
- 4 Police: New Canaan Family Slept Through Home Break-In
- 5 Patricia Lowman Dailey, 57, Worked For J.Crew In New Canaan