NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Martin Luther King Jr. Day will mean closings for New Canaan government and schools.
New Canaan Town offices will be closed on Monday in observance of the holiday. The closure also affects Vine Cottage, which houses the Human Services Office. The town’s offices at Irwin Park, which houses the Planning and Zoning, Inland Wetlands and Building departments, will also be closed on Monday and reopen Tuesday morning. The town transfer station will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. Monday.
New Canaan Public Schools, St. Aloysius School, New Canaan Country School and St. Luke’s School will also be closed on Monday. Classes at all town schools are scheduled to resume on Tuesday.
New Canaan Library will also be closed on Monday. The library will reopen at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
- 1 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over New Canaan Skies Sunday
- 4 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 5 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State