NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Martin Luther King Jr. Day will mean closings for New Canaan government and schools.
New Canaan Town offices will be closed on Monday in observance of the holiday. The closure also affects Vine Cottage, which houses the Human Services Office. The town’s offices at Irwin Park, which houses the Planning and Zoning, Inland Wetlands and Building departments, will also be closed on Monday and reopen Tuesday morning. The town transfer station will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. Monday.
New Canaan Public Schools, St. Aloysius School, New Canaan Country School and St. Luke’s School will also be closed on Monday. Classes at all town schools are scheduled to resume on Tuesday.
New Canaan Library will also be closed on Monday. The library will reopen at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
- 1 New Canaan Man, 48, Arrested On Child Sex Assault Charge
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Cigarette Assault Arrest, Historic House Listing Top News In New Canaan
- 4 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 5 $22K In Jewelry Reported Stolen From New Canaan Home