NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Martin Luther King Jr. Day will mean closings for New Canaan government and schools.
New Canaan Town offices will be closed on Monday in observance of the holiday. The closure also affects Vine Cottage, which houses the Human Services Office. The town’s offices at Irwin Park, which houses the Planning and Zoning, Inland Wetlands and Building departments, will also be closed on Monday and reopen Tuesday morning. The town transfer station will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. Monday.
New Canaan Public Schools, St. Aloysius School, New Canaan Country School and St. Luke’s School will also be closed on Monday. Classes at all town schools are scheduled to resume on Tuesday.
New Canaan Library will also be closed on Monday. The library will reopen at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
- 1 New Canaan Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Canaan; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 New Canaan Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow