NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan town offices will shut down early New Year’s Eve as the town prepares to ring in 2013.
Town Hall offices will close at 1 p.m. Monday and all town offices will stay closed through Tuesday in observance of New Year’s Day.
The closure also affects Vine Cottage, which houses the human services office, as well as the town’s offices at Irwin Park, which houses the planning and zoning, inland wetlands and building departments. The transfer station will be open for regular hours on New Year’s Eve but will be closed New Year’s Day.
The New Canaan Library will close at 5 p.m. Monday and will be closed Tuesday.
New Canaan public and private schools will remain closed for holiday break. Classes resume Wednesday at the public schools and St. Aloysius School. New Canaan Country School and St. Luke’s School will return for classes Jan. 7.
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 3 New Canaan Police Seek Information On Man Who Used Counterfeit Cash
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In New Canaan
- 5 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield