NEW CANAAN, Conn. – New Canaan town offices will shut down early New Year’s Eve as the town prepares to ring in 2013.
Town Hall offices will close at 1 p.m. Monday and all town offices will stay closed through Tuesday in observance of New Year’s Day.
The closure also affects Vine Cottage, which houses the human services office, as well as the town’s offices at Irwin Park, which houses the planning and zoning, inland wetlands and building departments. The transfer station will be open for regular hours on New Year’s Eve but will be closed New Year’s Day.
The New Canaan Library will close at 5 p.m. Monday and will be closed Tuesday.
New Canaan public and private schools will remain closed for holiday break. Classes resume Wednesday at the public schools and St. Aloysius School. New Canaan Country School and St. Luke’s School will return for classes Jan. 7.
- 1 New Canaan Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Canaan; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 New Canaan Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow