NEW CANAAN, Conn. — The New Canaan Post Office will be relocating from its 2 Pine St. location by January, the postal service confirmed in a statement.
The property owner has advised postal officials he has signed a lease with a new tenant to take over the space after the post office's lease expires Jan. 31.
The U.S. Postal Service is proposing to relocate the retail services currently provided at the New Canaan Post Office to a yet to-be-determined location within the 06840 ZIP code area. It would require about 1,840 square feet of space for the operation. The services available to customers at the current location will be available at the new location, U.S. Post Office officials said.
The agency plans to make a presentation of this proposal at the Sept. 10 New Canaan Board of Selectmen’s meeting. That meting is at 9 a.m. at at the New Canaan Police Department, 174 South Ave.
Written comments on this proposal are being accepted through Sept. 25. Comments must reference this post office by name and should be sent to the following address:
Joseph J. Mulvey
U. S. Postal Service
2 Congress Street, Room 8
Milford, MA 01757-9998
It is not necessary to attend the public meeting in order to comment.
- 1 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 3 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 4 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 5 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash