NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The New Canaan Post Office is moving from the Pine Street location to a temporary location on Main Street.
The Post Office at 2 Pine St. will be shut down after 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 18. Services are set to resume at a temporary location at 90 Main St. in New Canaan at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 21, following the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday, Jan. 20. Only Priority Express Mail will be delivered on the holiday and Post Offices will be closed.
Post Office officials said customers would receive their Post Office Box mail at the 90 Main St. location and retail services would be made available by a mobile unit located in New Canaan. Representatives added that the location is pending approval from the New Canaan Police Department. Officials plan to have the mobile unit available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. Saturdays and Post Office Box mail available for pick up after 11 a.m.
Retail services are also available at the Camp Avenue Post Office, located at 24 Camp Ave. in Stamford. Customers can also go to the USPS website and select Post Office Locator to find locations to buy postal products or services.
- 1 Rain, Snow Threaten New Canaan On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 3 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 4 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 5 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game