NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The annual family friendly Independence Day celebration at Waveny Park in New Canaan has been postponed from Friday, July 4, to Saturday, July 5.
Heavy rain is in the forecast for both Thursday and Friday.
The Family Fourth picnicking will begin at 5 p.m. Saturday along with other activities. Food will be sold, but families can bring their own. Music will entertain the crowds until the fireworks begin at dusk.
Passes can be purchased at the Waveny Pool on Thursday, July 3, and Friday, July 4, or at the Recreation Department in Waveny House or Police Station until 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
Cars will enter Waveny Park from South Avenue through the main gate. Pedestrians will enter the park from the New Canaan High School area. Lapham Road will be closed and parking is not permitted along shoulders.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 New Canaan Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To New Canaan, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director