NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The annual family friendly Independence Day celebration at Waveny Park in New Canaan has been postponed from Friday, July 4, to Saturday, July 5.
Heavy rain is in the forecast for both Thursday and Friday.
The Family Fourth picnicking will begin at 5 p.m. Saturday along with other activities. Food will be sold, but families can bring their own. Music will entertain the crowds until the fireworks begin at dusk.
Passes can be purchased at the Waveny Pool on Thursday, July 3, and Friday, July 4, or at the Recreation Department in Waveny House or Police Station until 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
Cars will enter Waveny Park from South Avenue through the main gate. Pedestrians will enter the park from the New Canaan High School area. Lapham Road will be closed and parking is not permitted along shoulders.
- 1 New Canaan Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Canaan; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 New Canaan Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow