NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The annual family friendly Independence Day celebration at Waveny Park in New Canaan has been postponed from Friday, July 4, to Saturday, July 5.
Heavy rain is in the forecast for both Thursday and Friday.
The Family Fourth picnicking will begin at 5 p.m. Saturday along with other activities. Food will be sold, but families can bring their own. Music will entertain the crowds until the fireworks begin at dusk.
Passes can be purchased at the Waveny Pool on Thursday, July 3, and Friday, July 4, or at the Recreation Department in Waveny House or Police Station until 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
Cars will enter Waveny Park from South Avenue through the main gate. Pedestrians will enter the park from the New Canaan High School area. Lapham Road will be closed and parking is not permitted along shoulders.
- 1 Lack Of Safety Precautions Cited In Death Of New Canaan DPW Employee
- 2 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 3 New Canaan Grads Play In 150th Game Of College Football's Longest Rivalry
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In New Canaan
- 5 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo