NEW CANAAN, Conn., -- A 71-year-old New Canaan Public Works Department employee was in serious condition in Norwalk Hospital after he was struck by a vehicle late Wednesday morning while working, police said.
Benjamin Olmstead of Norwalk was marking the roadway at the intersection of New Norwalk Road and East Avenue with spray paint when he was struck by a vehicle driven by Francesco Sorge, 60, of Norwalk, police said.
Sorge was northbound on New Norwalk Road and was making a left turn onto East Avenue at about 11:20 a.m. when the accident occurred, police said.
Sorge immediately stopped and remained at the scene. Olmstead was taken to Norwalk Hospital by New Canaan Volunteer Ambulance Corps, where he was reported in serious condition later Wednesday, police said.
The Accident Reconstruction Team consisting of New Canaan and Wilton Police Officers is investigating the accident.
- 1 Death Of Christopher Crowley Of Maker & Company Tops New Canaan Week’s News
- 2 Nor'easter To Impact New Canaan On Wednesday
- 3 Happy Birthday To New Canaan’s Christopher Lloyd
- 4 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 5 New Canaan Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State