NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan's Brian Williams will be on TV a bit less after NBC canceled his prime time show, "Rock Center With Brian Williams."
The announcement of the cancellation of the news magazine came Friday. Its final airing will be June 21.
Williams took over as anchor and managing editor of "NBC Nightly News" in 2004. He has received 11 Edward R. Murrow Awards, 12 Emmy Awards, the duPont-Columbia University Award, the Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism and the George Foster Peabody Award.
"Rock Center With Brian Williams," the network’s first new prime-time news-magazine in nearly two decades, was launched in 2011. The show had five time slots in less than two years.
The show recently did an hour-long broadcast on the aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombings and had featured the Emmy Award-winning exclusive interview with Jerry Sandusky, the convicted Penn State football coach.
- 1 Serious Injuries Reported In Four-Car Crash In New Canaan
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 New Canaan's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Driver Was Checking Google Maps When Truck Hit Bridge On CT Border
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In New Canaan, NOAA Predicts