NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- The Silvermine Arts Center in New Canaan presents a new exhibition entitled, "In The Layers." The opening reception will be held on Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m.
"In the Layers," inspired by a Stanley Kunitz poem, is a group exhibition featuring works on paper extensively layered in both thematic and stylistic ways.
The selected multi-media, collage, painted and sculptural works are both visual and expressive, suggesting themes of the poem. The poem reflects upon the layers you go through in life and the things you must leave behind.
The exhibit, curated by Suzanne Julig, will run through Dec. 23. For more information visit the website.
The Center is at 1037 Silvermine Road, New Canaan. Gallery hours are 12 to 5 p.m. from Wednesday to Saturday and 1 to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
- 1 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 2 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 3 Malloy Signs Order Banning State-Funded Travel To Indiana
- 4 Female Danbury High Teacher Is Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student
- 5 Snow Could Return To New Canaan For Monday Morning Commute