NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan this week:
- The New Canaan YMCA Whirlwind diving team captured another championship at the YMCA National Diving Championships in Fort Lauderdale , Fla. The Whirlwind team has won the meet every year they have participated since 1997.
- Norwalk native Cameron Wilson, a graduate of St. Luke's School in New Canaan, joined elite company on as he became the first Stanford University student since Tiger Woods to win the NCAA Division I men's golf individual championship.
- The body of Norwalk resident Mauro Godinez Pineda, 40, who went missing after his canoe flipped over Memorial Day in Long Island Sound, was found .
- Three teens -- one from Stamford, one from Darien and one from Trumbull -- were issued infraction tickets in New Canaan on drug and false ID charges .
- New Canaan students Stephanie Conti and Christin Rizzi graduated from Western Connecticut State University .
- New Canaan’s Stephanie Benko, a sophomore who runs for Lafayette College, won the Patriot League championship in the 3,000-meter steeplechase race in school record time. A week later, she came back and smashed the school record again in the ECAC and IC4A Championships.
- Commuters across Connecticut were delayed for hours Thursday morning when the Walk Bridge in Norwalk was stuck open, stopping Metro-North trains in both directions.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.