NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan this week:
- The New Canaan YMCA Whirlwind diving team captured another championship at the YMCA National Diving Championships in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. The Whirlwind team has won the meet every year they have participated since 1997.
- Norwalk native Cameron Wilson, a graduate of St. Luke's School in New Canaan, joined elite company on as he became the first Stanford University student since Tiger Woods to win the NCAA Division I men's golf individual championship.
- The body of Norwalk resident Mauro Godinez Pineda, 40, who went missing after his canoe flipped over Memorial Day in Long Island Sound, was found.
- Three teens -- one from Stamford, one from Darien and one from Trumbull -- were issued infraction tickets in New Canaan on drug and false ID charges.
- New Canaan students Stephanie Conti and Christin Rizzi graduated from Western Connecticut State University.
- New Canaan’s Stephanie Benko, a sophomore who runs for Lafayette College, won the Patriot League championship in the 3,000-meter steeplechase race in school record time. A week later, she came back and smashed the school record again in the ECAC and IC4A Championships.
- Commuters across Connecticut were delayed for hours Thursday morning when the Walk Bridge in Norwalk was stuck open, stopping Metro-North trains in both directions.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Canaan
- 3 Walgreen's Worker Honored For Tipping Off New Canaan Police To Suspects
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; New Canaan Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Two New Canaan Police Officers Honored For Life-Saving Actions