STAMFORD, Conn. -- Looking for an easy way to navigate around different parts of the city to enjoy shopping and dining without the hassle of moving your car to hit far-flung hotspots? A new free trolley is set to make its debut run this week from downtown Stamford to Harbor Point and the South End.
The Harbor Point Trolley is scheduled to run seven days a week in a 14-stop, 30-minute clockwise loop through Stamford. It will debut at noon on Friday, Feb. 14, in Harbor Point.
"We hope it will be a valuable amenity to commuters, and provide a quick, safe, and efficient way to get to downtown dining, shopping, and entertainment," Stamford Downtown Special Services District said in a statement.
The trolley also will serve as a link between other transit modes such as Metro-North, Amtrak, and CTTransit buses. The Harbor Point Trolley supports Stamford Downtown's goal to create a walkable and connected district where people can live, work, shop and be entertained.
The Harbor Point Trolley stops at many major destinations in Stamford, including:
- Stamford Transportation Center
- Government Center
- University of Connecticut
- Downtown dining, nightlife and shopping
- Stamford Town Center
- Corporate centers
- Fairway Market
Here is the regular schedule for the trolley, which will run in a clockwise loop:
- 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. weekdays
- 9:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturdays
- 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sundays
All stops are marked with Harbor Point Trolley signs, and most of the stops are located at a CTTransit bus stop. The stop at the Stamford Transportation Center is in the shuttle area northwest of the station.
For more route and schedule information or to learn more about the Harbor Point Trolley, visit the trolley's website.
- 1 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 2 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 Storms Could Cause Street, Highway Flooding In New Canaan