NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan resident Barbara Achenbaum will be the new executive director of the Staying Put organization, taking over for Jane Nyce, who will be moving to Maine, reports New Canaan News.
Achenbaum's previous experience includes corporate management, running a nonprofit for special-needs children and hands-on involvement with her own parents, who are 84, the New Canaan News said.
She has taken leadership roles in the Encore Club, New Canaan High School Parents Faculty Association, the New Canaan Community Foundation and the Carriage Barn Arts Center, the News said.
Members and friends of Staying Put will have the opportunity to say goodbye to Nyce, who has been with Staying Put since the initial planning in 2007, at the annual picnic fundraiser Sunday, June 22, from 5 to 7:30 p.m., the News said.
A volunteer-driven nonprofit, Staying Put offer its members access to social and cultural activities, household maintenance services, transportation, shopping assistance, home health care services and assisted living at home. For more information about Staying Put, visit stayingputnc.org.
- 1 Enjoy A Parade On Memorial Day, New Canaan
- 2 Officials Hail New Gates At Notorious Rail Crossing On New Canaan Branch
- 3 Surge Of Warm Weather Heads For New Canaan
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Report Says