NEWTOWN, Conn. – The investigation into how and why the shooting at the Sandy Hook School in Newtown took place will take weeks to complete, Connecticut State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance said at a press conference in Newtown Sunday morning.
"There are many pieces of the puzzle we don't have yet. The forensic part is very important. It's not done yet," Vance said. "And interviewing witnesses – we are far from done. The number of witnesses we need to talk to is immense," he said.
He also said that misinformation has been going out via social media, and that there are social media sites posing as the shooter, Adam Lanza, and as purporting to be people related to the crime. These are violations of federal and possibly state law, and will be investigated and prosecuted, he said.
- 1 New Canaan Vs. Darien Football Rivalry Heats Up For Thanksgiving Title Game
- 2 Norwalk Man Dies After Being Ejected From Car In Route 7 Crash
- 3 Former New Canaan Bank Employee Admits Embezzling $106,000
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Storm May Drop A Half-Foot Of Snow On New Canaan