NEWTOWN, Conn. – The investigation into how and why the shooting at the Sandy Hook School in Newtown took place will take weeks to complete, Connecticut State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance said at a press conference in Newtown Sunday morning.
"There are many pieces of the puzzle we don't have yet. The forensic part is very important. It's not done yet," Vance said. "And interviewing witnesses – we are far from done. The number of witnesses we need to talk to is immense," he said.
He also said that misinformation has been going out via social media, and that there are social media sites posing as the shooter, Adam Lanza, and as purporting to be people related to the crime. These are violations of federal and possibly state law, and will be investigated and prosecuted, he said.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Canaan, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Canaan; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 New Canaan Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Canaan With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield