NEWTOWN, Conn. – The investigation into how and why the shooting at the Sandy Hook School in Newtown took place will take weeks to complete, Connecticut State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance said at a press conference in Newtown Sunday morning.
"There are many pieces of the puzzle we don't have yet. The forensic part is very important. It's not done yet," Vance said. "And interviewing witnesses – we are far from done. The number of witnesses we need to talk to is immense," he said.
He also said that misinformation has been going out via social media, and that there are social media sites posing as the shooter, Adam Lanza, and as purporting to be people related to the crime. These are violations of federal and possibly state law, and will be investigated and prosecuted, he said.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 New Canaan Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To New Canaan, Thunderstorms Possible