FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The Thursday evening commute is turning into a nightmare, even by Fairfield County standards.
As of 5 p.m., I-95 northbound was backed up for 27 miles from New York state border all the way to Bridgeport.
The southbound side of I-95 is almost as bad, as an earlier truck fire in Greenwich is still slowing traffic back to Darien.
Conditions are not much better on the northbound Merritt, where an accident at Exit 36 in New Canaan has slowed traffic back to Greenwich.
More cars than usual may be on the roads Thursday. A morning problem on the Walk Bridge on Metro-North's New Haven Line suspended service for more than four hours between East Norwalk and South Norwalk. Many train commuters probably turned to their cars instead.
- 1 New Canaan Man, 48, Arrested On Child Sex Assault Charge
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Cigarette Assault Arrest, Historic House Listing Top News In New Canaan
- 4 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 5 $22K In Jewelry Reported Stolen From New Canaan Home