FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Could you be Fairfield County's next millionaire? The jackpot for Friday night's Mega Millions drawing has reached $425 million.
Mega Millions estimates Friday's jackpot will be the fifth-largest in North American history. The odds of winning are 1-in-259 million, according to the Mega Millions website.
If you match all five numbers and the Mega Ball number on a $1 ticket, the cash value of the ticket before taxes would be about $216.4 million.
Fairfield County saw a $1 million prize winner in Tuesday's drawing, but the winner has yet to come forward.
Drawings are held every Tuesday and Friday at 10:59 p.m. and broadcast locally at 11:22 p.m. on Fox CT Channel 61 and WCCT-TV Channel 20.
But do you dare play the lottery on Friday the 13th?
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 New Canaan Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To New Canaan, Thunderstorms Possible